Mobile World Congress (MWC) will be held in Barcelona from February 25 to 28, 2019.
MWC will accommodate more than 2200 exhibitors showing companies newest mobile technologies and services in the market.
However, since industry is evolving, MWC has gone beyond mobiles being this year’s theme ‘Intelligent Connectivity’ -which refers to the combination of 5G networks, the Internet of Things (IoT), Artificial Intelligence (AI) and big data-.
It is within this same space shared by many competing and leading companies in those sectors where multiple conflicts may arise in terms of intellectual property rights.
In order to solve these potential conflicts, the Commercial Courts of Barcelona and Alicante have foreseen a Protocol of Guard service and fast action that consists mainly of the following services:
- Preferential processing of urgent preliminary injunctions in any matter related to patents, trademarks, unfair competition, etc. regarding products showed at MWC.
- Short term deadlines to decide preliminary injunctions: up to 48 hours at the maximum (without the defendant being heard) or 10 days (hearing being set).
- Decision regarding admissibility of requests for protective letters issued within 24 hours.
- Assessment of the prior conduct of the claimant and the speed in their reaction towards the eventual infringement in order to decide the urgency of the preliminary injunction.
- Communication and cooperation between both the Courts of Barcelona and Alicante.
For more information, you may access the Protocol of reference at the link https://www.icpb.es/fotos2/Annex_avis_246-18.pdf.
Likewise, please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any additional queries.